Sunday 10 March 2013

Rock & Roll Postcards

I picked up these great postcards by 'Ger Rijff' back in the early 1980's. I'm not too sure how many were in the set (6 I believe but I may be wrong) I had at one time a card with 3 musicians at a garage, their car had a double bass on its roof, I believe Elvis, Scotty and Bill were the subject matter. If anyone has the card and could scan it for me you would make me a very happy chappy indeed!
The guy on the left is a bit over dressed for the beach, but I have always loved the cut of his suit.

Elvis, Scotty and an amp on a chair.
Guitar, bass and a snare...Rockabilly Heaven!

There was a time when I had a quiff to match the one above.

Cheers and Beers to Honest Hal for the scan below.

I've recently become friends with Ger Rijff on Facebook. Below is more of his excellent artwork.





3 comments:

  1. What size jacket & trousers are you. I have some original grey fleck hollywood suits that are too small for me. If not Lindy Lu's shop in Essex does fantastic repro made to measure trousers from original pattern for £85 & Matching Jacket from £145 + Postage. Check her ebay shop at qbiffa
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/qbiffa/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

    ReplyDelete
  2. My size is 42-44 jacket (I know), I can alter if it's too big. I'm 33-34inch waist.
    Any pictures of your suit you can get in touch here jaustinduke@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very great and nice (we have 3 or 4 of this cards in me collection) ... great design & works

    ReplyDelete